Conversation Guides for Celebrating Community Resilience Event
Posted on February 15, 2022
On Tuesday, March 1, beginning at 11am, we will host hour-long conversations for students, faculty, and community members on how community engaged teaching and research raise critical questions of social justice, ethics, and community resilience. Participants will be invited into break out groups for conversation rounds with suggested prompts to encourage maximum speaking by all participants. Especially designed to encourage interaction between students, faculty and community members. Faculty may wish to encourage student attendance to experience dialogue in action! Register for the event here: https://go.uncg.edu/communityresilience.
The conversations are as follows:
- 11:00 AM – What community actions do we need to secure social justice?
- 12:00 PM – What conversations are needed to make sure everybody eats?
- 01:00 PM – What is the value of all voices in community conversations?
- 02:00 PM – How can we build a just, sustainable community through urban gardens?
- 03:00 PM – How can we use communication to create lifelong learning pathways?
- 04:00 PM – What are our collective responsibilities as community members and activists
Below are conversation guides that faculty can use with their class.
Communicating for Social Change
Everybody Eats Conversation Guide
The Value of All Voices in Community Conversations
A Just, Sustainable Community Through Urban Gardens
Communication for lifelong learning
What are our collective responsibilities as community members and activists